Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've just re-read the posts I made yesterday, and I see now that they are quite dark (the poems I mean). Just so we're clear, I'm not normally that dark; I just had a bit of a spell recently, and I write while in my spells. I don't do a lot of writing when I'm happy, I guess because nothing is in need of processing.

So, to avoid the concern of friends and family, let me just be sure that you know I'm ok. It's all good!


It's Thanksgiving today! The leaves are turning different colours and are falling to the ground; it's sunny and crisp out, which excites me to no end. I am blogging away at my parents house - they've gone to the States for the weekend. I've been welcomed generously to the Lawrence's house for a Thanksgiving feast this evening, which will be quite an ordeal, because those Lawrence folks can create quite the sensational dinners.

By the way, I failed to mention in my football post yesterday that I actually had fun doing it. Though I wouldn't choose it as an activity on my own per se, I still quite enjoyed running around and falling down in the dirt, whether or not I was running the right way, or falling for the right reasons ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Jen S. said...

That sounds yummy! So those Lawrence's are quite the cooks, eh?! i know Robin makes some fab cupcakes! ;)

Can I link this blog from mine? LMK

Anonymous said...

You're a poet and I did not know it! Hm, you're writing didn't make me sad or worried, it made me think. Great blog so far!

Anonymous said...

Dude your writing is amazing and beautiful. Im glad you choose to express and share, if you only ever see one side of a person can you truly know them? So post on brother, your so called 'darkness' is intriguing and i find your openess to be a fresh wind in a stagnant crowd.
Markus

Dan & Jenn said...

Hey Matt- I echo the comments above. I appreciate your honesty.

Keep on blogging!

Dan