Thursday, October 19, 2006

When I returned home...

When I returned home from work yesterday, I was immediately greeted by the "demon", which was met with an enveloping shield that I felt surround me immediately. I think I walked into a warzone. I was beginning to make dinner when I heard an obscure sound on the other side of my apartment. No big deal, I'll just carry on.
As I did, with every move I made, there was an accusation to match it. I'm talking things like "you pig, how could you eat so much rice when there are starving people all over the place?" and similar, ridiculous accusations. Whatever.

I was doing well, having quite the time with the Holy Spirit, when I finally told the thing to leave, with force. It replied "but I've been sent to kill you". A bit of a wrestle ensued, and some more accusations (of course), but before I went to bed, it left. Thank goodness, I'm glad to have got an undisturbed sleep.

Was it actually sent to kill me? Or was it just trying to scare me? If yes to either, why? I have no idea.

In the opposite spirit (a threat of death), I decided that the best thing to do would be to give life. The best I could come up with was food, so I bought some gift certificates from Tim Hortons and gave them to a homeless person downtown.

This is so strange for me. I have never before experienced a direct and vocal battle with such a thing. I'm trying to find it's source.

Oh well, it's gone for now! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Jen S. said...

So no help yet with being creative, eh? I have no ideas to offer, sorry. Relieved to hear you are still alive! Look forward to the update.
Love ya,

Jen S. said...

Unreal. I don't think or shall I admit I know I wouldn't have been able to handle that like you did. What a testimony for all of us readers of your blog. Thanks for sharing with us.
Glad it is gone... hope it has gotten the hint and does not return.
Timmy's certificate eh? Great idea! I guess you are creative yourself (well, we knew that) to come up with ideas!

Anonymous said...

God has a purpose for your life which you need to enter fully, the enemy seem not happy about it but be assured that He that called you is able to sustain you. Continue to use your authority in Christ Jesus. Remain blessed.