Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bad Dream

It was after 5 this morning that I had a dream, a bad one. I don't normally dream, and when I do, I hardly remember them (at least not for very long). In the dream, I was vacationing in some Caribbean hot spot, and was probably on my way home in a 747. We were flying low over the beaches. Very low. Our wing hit a tree and was taken right off. The plane went quiet, as we started to descend. No one knew what to do, whether we'd be ok. We crash landed on a beach, and we were all wondering whether or not the plane was about to explode. Panic began to erupt and that's when I woke up, a bit jolted.

I then heard a voice in my head whisper "I'm going to kill you" very sternly. Within 1 minute, my alarm sounded to wake me up for the day.

Now, I'm not one for this sort of thing -- the whole "spiritual warfare" scene. I'm always a bit skeptical of things like this when I hear about them. I also tend to believe they leave me alone for the most part. I more have to struggle with my own self and flesh. So for such an outright threat to occur is very unusual. (I must be doing something to anger them! Woohoo!)

I replied to whatever it was while I was getting ready for the day, basically sluffing off the threat, because really, it's not very threatening. To die is gain, and I don't mean that to sound like a cliche. And besides, it's not really up to a spirit or demon or whatever else to decide such a fate. My life is held elsewhere. That is not meant as a cliche either.

So, I'm writing this to get some creative suggestions. What do you think I should do to move in the opposite spirit and maybe cause a bit of damage to whoever made this threat? Apart from all the usual stuff we do to counteract things like this, how can we get creative? I want to use the threat as an opportunity to make something good out of it. How devastating for the threat-maker when he finds out what he caused?! Yeah, that's what I want!

Anyway, comment away! I'm all ears!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Start to sing...worship in song...the voice/s will be stilled.