Thursday, February 08, 2007

Posting

Hello my faithful readers ... it's been a long time since I wrote anything that resembled a journal entry. Most of it has been either poetry or "thoughts".

Well, I've been busy, and I don't mean that as an excuse! Work work work ... I've just had the most stressful work situation I've ever had, but it's much better now. With the brain-draining day and the life-sucking commute, I just haven't had the energy for a life these days! Oh well, the commute is soon to end!

Starting March 1st, I will no longer be getting strange looks from co-workers and those I meet in Vancouver when I tell them I live in Abbotsford. "You're nuts!" they always say, and I never hear anybody complain about their ride in. So it's 110 minutes each way, it takes up a lot of my day. My new commute, from North Burnaby, will only be 30 minutes max! I found a nice big house last Saturday, with 4 other guys living in it. I get a room and we all share access to the gigantic kitchen, dining and living rooms. I'm excited! I even get to keep my car, so Abbotsford won't be such a memory.

To make it even better, my grandpa just gifted me with his laptop (which is how I'm able to post this evening). The place I'm moving to has an internet hook-up AND cable, so I'll be living large, though I've done happily without both for almost a year and a half.

I bought a t-shirt yesterday that says 'Kill Your TV'. I am quite proud.
Life is pretty much going on at the moment... as it always does.

1 comment:

Jen S. said...

Hooray! That will be great! Can we come and visit?
And a laptop... ooooh. I heard you got a computer, but I thought it was Grandpa's old one. but a laptop, that's fantastic!! Enjoy!