Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Pope Has Never Read the Bible?

I had heard in the news that the pope’s jeep had been jumped on by an intruder today, so I went to youtube to see if I could get a video of it. Searching “pope” I came up with, and watched, the following video:



I find it quite disturbing and immensely immature. I don’t think it’s disturbing in the cases and points it makes, but that it uses such simpleton logic that would convince the uneducated [in matters of the Bible] very easily. I’m guessing, and I think somewhat accurately, that the creator of this video does not like the pope, or any religious leader for that matter, nor does he believe in any religion. That’s fine, he can do what he wants. But to evangelize with such a lack of tact?

I don’t have much more to say on it other than the fact that I’m quite disturbed that people will see this and generate an opinion using it. I hate closed minds, and I hate when only one side is presented, and this is oozing with those things.

3 comments:

Peter Thurley said...

simpleton logic is right. i could pick out both logical and informal fallacies found in that piece in my sleep!

Matt said...

doesn't that just piss you off?!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Stacey said...

That is very offensive.

I am amazed at the time some people put into creating these totally un-factually based and one-sided pieces that are dripping with lies and fallacy!

I like when he said God is a homicidal maniac...so strange.

Do some better research before you make this kind of stuff up...geez.