Monday, November 20, 2006

Everything's Great!

I'm quite excited about life at the moment. I finally decided to start putting some of my ideas into action, not letting fear control my life anymore. Ideas about serving the poor, visiting the lonely, exercising spiritual gifts and natural gifts, taking steps in the direction of dreams, etc. Life has quickly become exciting!

And most of it has to do with the fact that I think I have found a church - at last! I absolutely love it - Global Harvest Centre. In case you're in the Abby area, it's the one on McCallum Road across from CIBC. They don't hold services there anymore though; they've outgrown it. So they're meeting across from the Dragon Fort restuarant in the banquet centre there.

It's funny, I was just reminded of something yesterday morning as I was getting ready to go to the service. The last time I had been there was maybe 1.5 - 2 years ago, and at that time I felt that their chapter of the church would grow and expand and would have to move across the street. I kept it to myself then, but it has become true! I am so encouraged in the gifts!

I met 'Mother Hastings' at the service yesterday. Well, that's what the homeless people and other workers down on Hastings in Vancouver call her. She's a servant to the poor who is spending her retirement feeding the homeless. It was an honour to meet her, and others there at GHC. Worship was amazing (Michael Larson is the leader!), and the preaching was so engaging!

One of the ideas I have had is actually a dream I've had for quite a long time. Don't laugh. It's to sing on 100 Huntley Street, the Christian talk show here in Canada, hosted by the Mainse family. So I called them up to ask what it would take to get on the show, and I landed in a studio last night putting down a few songs as a demo. A studio! It was so exciting for me - that's what I love!! It was great. The end-product isn't my best; my voice is so tired. You all know how little I use my voice to speak, well I've been speaking for 8 hours a day recently at work (on the phone), so my voice is SOOO tired, and you can hear it in the recording. Oh well, I guess we'll see if this bears any fruit!

Also, congrats to my sister and her husband, who are expecting their third child. I'm very excited!!!

Life is exciting...!

3 comments:

Jen S. said...

ok, oh my word!! First of all, we have driven by that church a couple times in the past little bit on our way to church... i was going to mention it to you as an idea of checking it out! Really! But I forgot. Good thing I wasn't the only one supposed to "encourage" you to go there, seeing how you are feeling like it might be home! Awesome and so weird, eh?!
Secondly, life is exciting and I am glad that you can enjoy that freedom and no fear in pursuing things you have only dreamt of thus far.
Thirdly: awesome, 100 Huntley Street. Wonder how that came about? Did you ever watch it? That is very cool... hope you can get that opportunity!
Lastly, I think, thanks for the congrats. Yup, 3 kids. Hmmm... should be interesting!

Jen S. said...

about that church again. We ran into a family in the park one day, that goes there. I think the guy when to high school with Jason. Anyway, he was so pumped about it too... I don't know if he is a leader at all in the church, but he does/did work at that "place" on Mt Lehman Rd. Can't remember the name, but it had reminded me of you at the time too. So strange! (again)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I found this page by searching "Mother Hastings". Thankyou for your positive comments about her. I have been attending Global Harvest Church for almost three years. Amazing things have happened at our church. I have been helping Mother Hastings over the past years. Please, Please email me at webhosting2005@hotmail.com.
Thankyou so much.
Anthony