Saturday, July 07, 2007

Questions for Pat Robertson & the Christian Coalition

1. What purpose is there in having a lobby group called the "Christian Coalition"?

2. Why is the Christian Coalition spending $1.4 Million in one single campaign to oppose universal health care legislation in the USA (Clinton reform 93/94); money which has been donated by well-meaning 700 Club viewers like my grandmother, who is by no means well-off, and money collected in other ways, like through a travel agency (see below)?

3. What business does a lobby group which is trying to give Christian principles the rule of the land have promoting a for-profit health care system, which is known to leave millions and millions living in fear, and has destroyed countless lives?

I am not a fan of Pat Robertson or the Christian Coalition. (click for details/history)


This is a pop-up that comes up when visiting the CC website. Oi.

1 comment:

Peter Thurley said...

Why do you think I have turned my attention to health care for my thesis topic? It is such a divisive issue, and Christians are consistently landing on the wrong side of that coin.

That said, you may be interested in an article in the spring 2007 edition of the Political Science Quarterly which tackles the question of whether or not America is a Christian nation. I have the article and can send it to you; or you could read my latest blog post in which I offer a summary and some comments.